Thread: Scheduled Tasks / Cronjobs Not Running Since Upgrade to PHP 5.3

Hybrid View

Unhappy Scheduled Tasks / Cronjobs Not Running Since Upgrade to PHP 5.3

Hi

Plesk Version: Parallels Plesk Panel v9.5.4_build95101209.05 os_CentOS 5

Since upgrading PHP to 5.3 (5.3.8-1 to be exact), our Scheduled Tasks / Cronjobs have not been running. I noticed this because our backup tasks have not run since the upgrade. I have checked the log at /var/log/cron and there are entries every 15 minutes for the backup task which is supposed to only run once at 03:00 every day and backup the server settings and content.

The entries look like this:

Nov 24 13:57:01 ks359302 crond[30754]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)

So, the task is being logged, but is not being processed. I have run the following test:

cd
    crontab -l > crontab.orig
    echo "* * * * * /usr/bin/date >> $HOME/cron_work.log" > crontab.file
    crontab crontab.file
    touch cron_work.log
    tail -f cron_work.log

Again, the job is logged in /var/log/cron, but the cron_work.log file is empty. I have searched the forums for advice, but have mainly found advice for similar problems in Plesk 10. If anyone knows of cronjob issues when upgrading Plesk 9 to PHP 5.3, I would greatly appreciate the advice.
    Last edited by DavidRA; Nov 24, 2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Misspelling in Title

We are also receiving email from the Cron Daemon stating:

backupmng: Unable to fetch backup tasks from database: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(-(weekday(`psa`.`BackupsScheduled`.`last`)) + `psa`.`BackupsScheduled`.`backup_day`)'
    backupmng: Unable to fetch backup tasks from database: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(-(weekday(`psa`.`BackupsScheduled`.`last`)) + `psa`.`BackupsScheduled`.`backup_day`)'

I have the same issue, anybody a solution for this problem?

Last edited by mbeijen; Dec 5, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Same issue here - running Plesk 9.5.4 and seems that since upgrading to PHP 5.3 I have the same issues described above.

Anyone at Parallels shed any light?
    Occasionally post Plesk fixes & guides - www.mikcx.com

Currently running Plesk 8.6.0 / 9.5.4 / 10.4.4 / 11.0.9

Have ended up upgrading to Plesk 10 via the Update button in the control panel. Plesk upgraded fine and the scheduled backups now work fine. Not really a fix, but a way out without reinstall then recovery of settings / site from backup.

Seems you have updated MySQL server too. Because error like
    caused by incompatibility between backupmng and MySQL 5.5. To prevent unsigned int overflow following MySQL query helped correct this issue:
    ALTER TABLE BackupsScheduled MODIFY COLUMN backup_day INTEGER;
    Try it. I hope it will help.

IgorG

I wanted to say thanks - worked a treat!

I made a quick writeup for those that may find it useful - http://www.mikcx.com/mysql-5-5-updat...duled-backups/

Thanks again.
    Occasionally post Plesk fixes & guides - www.mikcx.com

Currently running Plesk 8.6.0 / 9.5.4 / 10.4.4 / 11.0.9

Thank you for sharing useful solutions from our forum

Default Worked for me as well!

Thanks!

I was wondering why the backups were failing to run, and then I checked the cron log, and saw that message, which brought me here.

Worked like a charm for me! =0)