Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: [report] Subdomains counting towards domain-limit for license limit

  1. #1
    Kilo Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31

    Exclamation [report] Subdomains counting towards domain-limit for license limit

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
    Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 Update #5
    CentOS 6.0 Linux 2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.x86_64

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    Subdomains seem to count towards the domain limit of the Plesk license key.

    ACTUAL RESULT
    1 domain with 1 subdomain counts as 2 domain resources towards the Plesk license key limits.

    EXPECTED RESULT
    1 domain with 1 subdomain counts as 1 domain resource towards the Plesk license key limits.

    ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    I've got 61 subscriptions in Plesk and am trying to import 26 clients, each with 1 domain. This would bring the total domains to 87.

    I'm importing dumps made with the pleskbackup utility. I'm using the pleskrestore utility to restore the domains, when trying to import the dump with 26 clients(1 domain a client), it gives an error that I don't have enough resources available. It's telling me the max domains is 100, which is correct for my license key. But it tells I need to have 115 resources.

    The query select COUNT(`id`) from domains; returns 89, this is the amount of domains+subdomains I currently have. This 89 + the 26 I'm trying to import equals the 115 it tells me I need to have available.
    --------------------------------------------------------------



  2. #2
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middelburg, Netherlands
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Me here too!

    CentOS 5.7 i386
    Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 Update #5
    Last edited by EdwardDekker; Dec 3, 2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Regards,
    Edward



  3. #3
    Parallels Team IgorG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Novosibirsk, Russia
    Posts
    14,638

    Default

    Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to my responsible colleagues from Plesk Service Team for investigation. I hope it will be fixed soon. I will keep this thread updated with results.



  4. #4

    Default

    Try to remove following section from /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/backup/Conflicts/Detector/Resources.xml
    Code:
    <resource>
    	<quantitative/>
    	<name>max_dom</name>
    	<utilizable/>
    	<usage-amount>
    		<object-path>/site</object-path>
    		<use-fixed-value>1</use-fixed-value>
    	</usage-amount>
    </resource>
    It starts from line 116.
    Please make copy of this file before modification.



  5. #5
    Kilo Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Above solution does not work for me.

    The above section started at line 170 for my installation though, not sure if you've got a newer version or something.



  6. #6
    Kilo Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Any update on this issue?



  7. #7

    Default

    We have confirmed this as bug. It has been fixed in Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 MU#7 (http://kb.parallels.com/en/113008).
    Thank you for feedback.



  8. #8
    Bit Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs down

    As I am suffering from this bug as well I have updated my installation to Plesk 10.4.4 and installed any available micro updates:
    Code:
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
    [...]
    File downloading PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU7/common/panel/plib/backup/Conflicts/Resolver/ConflictsResolver.php: completed.
    File downloading PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU7/common/panel/plib/backup/Conflicts/ConflictConstants.php: completed.
    File downloading PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU7/common/panel/plib/backup/Conflicts/Detector/Limits/ClientBULimitsManager.php: completed.
    File downloading PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU7/common/panel/plib/backup/Conflicts/Detector/Limits/BULimitsManager.php: completed.
    [...]
    But the error persits! Plesk panel is still counting subdomains towards license domain limit.
    I can NOT confirm this bug being fixed in 10.4.4 MU7. Please fix as soon as possible!



  9. #9
    Kilo Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    For me the issue is fixed with MU#7. I successfully imported 87 domains and ~35-40 subdomains with a license for 100 domains.



  10. #10
    Bit Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Issue resolved when I switched from PowerUser view to Classic view.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •