Vmware infrastructure client for ESXi5 shows "blank" console screen. What gives?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Xblurone, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Xblurone

Xblurone Bit poster

Hi,

Until VMWare Infrastructure Client which comes with ESXi 5, I was using the ESXi 4 version on Parallels 6 happily and everything was working fine. I could use my mac to control my ESXi servers and virtual machines in emergency.

My colleague installed parallels 7, and has exactly the same results.

Downloading and installing the version for ESXi 4 solves the problem, BUT then I cannot control my ESXi 5 servers anymore. As soon as I try to connect to those, something new gets installed and the console screen goes "black" again.

On the same mac, with VMWare Fusion 4 and the same Vmware infrastructure client, all works fine (including console control of virtual machines)

Parallels engineers blame VMWare and VMWare has no reason to fix it (buy VMWare fusion, problem solved) - and it works on all other platforms with no issues.

So who is going to fix this, or shall I just give up on parallels and use VMWare fusion ? (I don't use gaming on this office laptop anyway)

I am running Lion on MBP 17" 8GB and have resisted upgrading my Parallels until they solve the problem (to me this is a BIG problem).

Any tips on what I can try to make it work ?