Pre Sales Info

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Toroac, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Toroac

Toroac Bit poster

Hi everybody.
    I've recently bought one iMac and one MacBookPro computers, with Lion installed on them.
    I have an old Win/Xp SP3 computer, where i mainly care about keeping using several of my old applications. Some of them use USB ports to communicate with USB devices.

I want to create a virtual image of my whole old Win/XP exactly as it is now (Operating system, all applications and data) and run it inside parallels on my Mac. that is have an exact replica of my PC running inside my Mac and MacBookPro.

All the 3 computers are connected to the same Ethernet network.

My questions are:
    1.- Can i Fully virtualize my PC (Operating System+applications+data) and import into my iMac with parallels?
    2.-If so, What do i need to buy?
    2.a.- Parallels Desktop 7 for MAC?
    2.b.- Parallels Desktop for MAC switch to MAc edition?
    2.c.- Parallels Desktop 7 for MAC + Parallels Transporter?
    2.d.- Some other products or combination of them? (Which ones?)
    3.- Wich is the difference between Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac and Parallels Desktop for MAC switch to MAc edition?
    4.- Can i install Parallels license on both Apple computers (iMac and MacBookPro) or do i need to buy 2 licenses?
    5.- Can i "connect" both virtual machines through iCloud so that when i work with an application on the virtual machine running on the iMac i see the results from the virtual machine running on the virtual machine of the MacBookPro and viceversa?

Thanks in advance
    Best Regards