Activation of parallel desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SidoineV, Jan 3, 2012.

1. SidoineV

SidoineV Bit poster

Hello, I just bought PD today and ran it correctly signed up on the application but never received a code to enter my account to activate window, please help please send me a private message if some of you guys have answers thank you so much ! =D

2. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hello, can you specify what do you mean by "a code to enter my account to activate window"?. Parallels Desktop purchase comes with activation key: 30-character alphanumeric key that includes 5 sets of numbers and letters with 6 digits per each set. Once installation is completed the Parallels Desktop application will prompt you to activate it automatically. Parallels Desktop activation instructions: http://kb.parallels.com/111757

I do not see any orders from you on our online store so it seems you purchased softwrae from a reseller.

Be informed, Parallels Desktop for Mac is not shipped with Windows.
    You can refer to System Requirements of Parallels Desktop at our web site:
    http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/
    Here, after Supported Guest Operating Systems* you can see the following note:
    * - Virtual machine operating systems - such as Windows, Linux, and Solaris - are not included.

3. SidoineV

SidoineV Bit poster

Hello

I have the Cd but when I enter the code it says it's already registered and I cannot register my product i don't know what happened =S

4. SidoineV

SidoineV Bit poster

I installed the CD entered the Registration code, created an account on parallels with the Registration key, but then to i checked my e-mail for the password but never received the email with the password so I recreated an account which is this one but there is no activated SERIAL CODE FOR THE PRODUCT i registered the CD with sidoinevedeau@hotmail.com so now I have an account with the registered serial code but I can't access it because I never received a password. =S

5. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Dear Sidoine, now I see what seems to be the problem.

As you have not received password reminder link for *hotmail account and created a new one, I moved your license to the new account *gmail.com

Please login at www.parallels.com under *gmail.com account and check your key in "My Registered Products" section. Also in "My Support Options" there is your support code available. You would need this support code to get in touch with technical support free of charge.

If you have any questions or concerns related to TECHNICAL nature please feel free to get in touch with technical support directly at:

888-811-24-89

In the Interactive Voice Response option select the appropriate categories indicating that your issue is related to technical nature and punch in the 10-digit support code to get a support engineer over the phone.

To contact our technical support team by email please submit support request at:

www.parallels.com/support/request > Technical Issue in Parallels product

What about account/licensing/activation/registration/customer service questions, please feel free to contact us at:

---
    888-811-24-89
    or
    www.parallels.com/support/request > Customer Service and Licensing
    ---

Assistance via our support tracker is much more speedy and informative.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  6. SidoineV

SidoineV Bit poster

thanks a lot for your help, it did indeed work, thanks so much for understanding my problem!

Best regards,
    Sidoine Vedeau