unable to connect to Parallels Service
I get this error message approximately half the time when I start Parallels 7. It refers me to http://kp.parallels.com/en/8089, which has been of no help.
Can anyone please help?
Hello. You can try these steps:
1. Reinstall Parallels Desktop, restart MAC
2. Uninstall McAfee, or other Antiviruses, stop firewall
3. Troubleshoot "Unable to connect to Parallels Desktop" error:
- restart Parallels Service http://kb.parallels.com/8089
- reproduce steps from http://kb.parallels.com/5791
4. Workaround resolution to start Parallels Dispatcher:
on MAC open Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type:
sudo /Library/Parallels/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disp_service -e
I appreciate your reply. Can't get to it now, will try in next day or two.
Tags for this Thread