Installing MailEnable Webmail Client over default Mailenable Server
I am trying to install MailEnable 6.03 Standard Edition over the existing installation of Mailenable 6.0 on my VPS. After some effort, I finally managed to install ME 6.03 SE by doing the following:
1. Download ME 6.03 SE from MailEnable.com
2. Run installation
3. Preserve existing configuration
4. Installed Webmail Client in its own IIS Website
4.1. Created a website and virtual folder in IIS prior to installing ME
4.2. Restart Server
5. Plesk does not pick up new installation and webmail client not showing as being installed in Tools & Settings - Server Components - Webmail
6. I run the plesk.msi (found in C:\Parallels\Install\PANEL-WIN_10.4.4\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386 on my VPS)
7. Restart Server
8. Can now see ME 6.03 SE as being installed and so to for the MailEnable Webclient 2.0
9. Activate ME Webclient 2.0
10. Go to Service Plans - Select Service Plan -Select Mail Tab - Select Default Webmail Client to MailEnable Webclient 2.0
The wait animation begins and continues.. Nothing happens.
I have also tried to disable Horde and Atmail and same thing happens.
Please can someone help?
My current configuration:
Windows 2008 R2 Std Edition
OS Template windows_2008r2_std-6.1.7600 / 20100414
Applications Installed panel-10.4.4.0 / 20111103.18
Any useful information from logs?
I am not sure which logs you want me to check, but I have checked the following:
1. C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\logs\W3SVC2\u_ex120206.lo g
found the following in the php_error.log:
[07-Feb-2012 00:28:28] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe' in C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3:62
#0 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3(62): get_admin_password()
#1 C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Health\Alarm\Daemon\ script.php(11): include_once('C:\Parallels\Pl...')
thrown in C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3 on line 62
5. C:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Logging\LS\LS-Debug-120207.log
Checked event viewer, nothing there either.
So this is where we are at:
I applied the changes to the Service Plan to use ME Web Client 2.0. It says it has updated all plans. However, if go to http://webmail.domain.com - it still goes to Atmail web client?
Any suggestions ?
Between 4.2 and 5: did you go to "Tools & Settings > Server Management > Server Components > Webmail"? Make sure to click the "Refresh" button at the top of the page.
Click on the link Webmail itself: after 4.2 you should be able to tick the checkbox "MailEnable Web Client 2.0 (requires MailEnable Standard 6.03)".
That did the trick for me.
Sorry, made a mistake:
First go to "Tools & Settings > Server Management > Server Components" and hit the refresh button at the top of the page.
Then go to "Webmail" on that very same page en click the link. There you should be able to tick the box to enable mailenable.
In tools & settings --> Server components --> webmail --> MailEnable Web Client 2.0 is enabled
In tools & settings --> Server Compinents --> there is a green circle with white arrow indicating all ok
In service plans --> selected service plan --> mail --> MailEnable Web Client 2.0 is the selected default webmail client
go to http://webmail.domain.com --> reach Atmail webmail client (was the previously active client)
See attached images....
My best guess is that by running "plesk.msi" again (step 6) it screwed something up in the installation. If you have backed up your server prior to upgrading MailEnable, my advice is to revert to that backup and upgrade again.
Otherwise try to install MailEnable again without reverting to a backup using the following steps:
1. Create a new website in IIS (I made it exactly like Horde and Atmail)
2. Download ME 6.03 SE from MailEnable.com
2. Run installation
3. Preserve existing configuration
4. Installed MailEnable Webmail on the website created at Step 1
5. Restart server when installation is finished (the setup program will tell you to do so)
6. After restart go to "Tools & Settings --> Server Components --> hit Refresh at top of page"
7. Then go to "Tools & Settings --> Server components --> Webmail (click on Webmail itself)"
8. There you should be able to tick the check box "MailEnable Web Client 2.0 (requires MailEnable Standard 6.03)".
9. Go back to "Tools & Settings --> Server Components --> hit Refresh at top of page"
10. Go to "Tools & Settings --> Server Components --> Webmail". There you should see MailEnable webmail with a green icon in front.
To enable it on a domain: go to the domain and go to the tab "Mail". Click "Change Settings" and choose MailEnable as webmail client.
That should do the trick.
Last edited by Wim Stander; Feb 8, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
Thanx for the info. I actually setup the ME exactly as you laid it out.
I think I have found the problem. It appears that Plesk is not updating all the domains subscribed to the service plan. So now I have to go set each one to use MailEnable as the web client.... *sigh*
thanx though.. appreciate the time and effort..
Feb 22, 2013, 08:29 PM
Webmail Client 2.0 MailEnable Pro 7 w/ Parallels 11.0.9 Windows 2008 Server
Have you install MailEnable Professional 7 with Parallels 11.0.9 on Windows 2008 Server?
I am having a problem with the MailEnable Web Client 2.0 resolving http://webmail.mydomain.com to the MailEnable client. I have even tried http://webmail.mydomain.com/mewebmail but I get a "500 - Internal server error."
I have followed all the steps described in this thread but still can't get it to resolve correctly. Does anyone know of any known issues? I had the same problem in Parallels 10 on a Windows 2003 server year ago but don't recall the fix.
I think there a problem that Parallels is not telling me. I tried to open a free support ticket at https://www.parallels.com/support/pl...e11assistance/ only to be told:
"Such issue with MailEnable webmail does not covered by "Free Assistance for Parallels Plesk Panel 11 Installation/Upgrade and Transfer/Migration Issues" terms. Please purchase per incident support or new support contract, and come back to us."
Frustrated Parallels Partner
Feb 22, 2013, 10:43 PM
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yulia Minenkova, Parallels [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 11:41 PM
> Subject: [Parallels #1597831] Free Assistance for Parallels Plesk Panel 11 Installation/Upgrade and Transfer/Migration Issues
> I fixed the issue, the reason was in incorrect path to webmail in IIS, also in permissions, I fixed them with Mailenable System configuration utility (Meinstaller.exe), now webmail works:
> Please check it let me know, if there is anything else, we can do to assist you.
> Yulia Minenkova
> Technical Support Engineer
Tags for this Thread