Ability to run obsolete Mac OS systems

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by dc00001, Mar 1, 2012.

?

Would running obsolete versions of MacOS as virtual machines be a useful feature?

1. Yes definately

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dc00001

dc00001 Bit poster

I have a number of apps that will not run anymore on Lion (like Latin Words - not a system app) and the developer is dead or not interested in providing an updated version. These apps are extremely useful and it would be nice to be bale to create an old style MacVM to run them.
    Can it be that difficult? I tried to install a Snow leopard system but got an error message saying only server systems are supported.
    This would be an excellent use of VM
    BTW have been using Parallels for years now and would not be without it

2. WilliamPaul

WilliamPaul Member

Hi,

This could be very good suggestion and I also voted for the same to implement it

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

4. JennieW

JennieW Bit poster

I appreciate Apple's EULA, however, couldn't Parallel's revisit this with Apple? I need to virtualize Snow Leopard to run iWeb as it is not supported in Lion. Apple has said it is OK to continue using the product, there will be no updated and you will have to find a new hosting site besides Mobile Me. I do not have a copy of the SL server software, Parallels does not sell Mac OS's in their convenience store. With the introduction of Mountain Lion appearing shortly, Lion will then be the secondary system, isn't it time to revisit the Snow Leopard option with Apple?