Thread: Initial Setup

Default Initial Setup

I'm having trouble getting started with Plesk and CBM. I have a block of IPs pointed to a new Plesk based server and trying to transfer a legacy system to it. I am trying to set myself up as a reseller under a parent company but I can't figure out how to allocate 2 nameserver IPs, a shared web IP, a mailserver IP, webmail etc, all on separate IPs to a reseller account. The main hosting service has it's own IP range and will bill me as a "normal" reseller selling services using my own IP range. All IPs are now visible to Plesk and active on this new server.

I, logged in as the main hosting admin, have added myself as a Reseller in CBM and there is a Subscription that this reseller is signed up to and active with a paid up invoice. I'm not ready to sign up customers yet as I am unsure how to add the various services that MY resold customers will use. I want them to use MY nameserver IPs and mailserver etc and not the main hosting providers services.

Perhaps this kind of setup is not even possible?

Or, any pointers on how to proceeds would be most welcome because the clients on the old system have no service at all until I transfer them to this new server (which I couldn't really do until the IPs were rerouted, now that they are I am stuck trying to apply these legacy settings to Plesk on this new server).

Hello,

Could you please clarify:
    1. Will you (as reseller) and parent company use the same Plesk server for provisioning? Or will you use separate servers?

Actually if you will use separate servers, it'll be quite easy to configure all:
    1. You set up two Plesk servers - one for Provider, one for you as reseller, configure IPs there. Provider's server has CBM installed
    2. You create reseller plan to point server for resellers
    3. You create reseller and subscription for him.
    Reseller will appear on correct server and he wil be able to use configured IPs there.
    3. You create customers and their subscriptions under this reseller - they will be provisionined to corret server.

If you want to use a single server for Provider and you, probably it'll be impossible to correctly separate IPs using CBM

1. Will you (as reseller) and parent company use the same Plesk server for provisioning? Or will you use separate servers?

All on the same server at this point in time.

If you want to use a single server for Provider and you, probably it'll be impossible to correctly separate IPs using CBM

If I go to Hosting Services -> Resellers -> (reseller full name), after the reseller was created in CBM , there is a tab for IP Addresses and I can add multiple IPs from the current server.

At this point I have created 2 clients of this reseller, in CBM, and given the clients their respective domainnames but so far I can't figure out how to allocate those client domainnames to different IPs.

I've also allocated a different reseller company domainname to the reseller but I can't seem to figure out how to allocate web space and email services for the actual reseller. I've tried setting up a client account under the reseller for the sole purpose of providing these services but that client and subscription get a status Failed when I try to sync the CBM created account to the panel. Perhaps because I am trying to use the same full name and domainname for that client as the reseller?

How do I provision web, email and DNS services for a reseller created in CBM?