Reinstall an earlier version of Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MaciejT, Apr 2, 2012.

1. MaciejT

MaciejT Bit poster

I had to install a fresh OSX and now I don't know how to get my Parallels installed again. I had Parallels 4 and then upgraded to 6. I cannot find any download links to the version 6 and I don't want to buy the newest version. Any ideas?

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

3. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Hello MaciejT,

Please see this Knowledge Base article for all download links to past versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac http://kb.parallels.com/5802

Thank you!

4. MaSc

MaSc Member

and version 7?

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Funny how the download links (past and current versions) are posted right in my signature and still people seem to ignore them. :)

6. MaSc

MaSc Member

Funny how ppl are not aware of the content linked within their own signature ;)

7.0.14924?

7. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The first link has the download to 7.0.15094.749908 which is the latest version and I just tested (you get the link via email), the second for older versions.

So yes, I'm aware the content is linked correctly.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. MaSc

MaSc Member

that's correct, but this thread is about earlier versions and your second link refers to versions <= 6.

I'd like to know where to find previous versions of v7.

9. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Maybe you should start another thread for that specific version of 7, the original poster wanted PDM 6.

I don't have access to previous versions of 7 in Parallels servers, I probably have it in Time Machine, but a link should be provided by Parallels staff.

10. MaSc

MaSc Member

thread title is pretty generic, so it's a good thing to have it here rather than scattered. if a dl location exists even.
    meanwhile I dug out the version I needed as well, but it would still be helpful to know.

11. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The title is generic but the conversation isn't, and you are asking for something very specific that is not publicly available.

Look, I'm just helping here, I couldn't even understand you wanted a previous version of 7, because it was off context with the thread, I'm tired of hearing people complaining they don't get their hymns answered when the very often miss-communicate.

12. MaSc

MaSc Member

no need for nit-picking, I asked for v7 in the context of a thread requesting earlier versions.

you got it slightly wrong, np and I still do appreciate your efforts!

13. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Instead of: "and version 7?"
    I suggest the best approach would have been (for future reference): "What about previous versions of (PDM) 7?"

Instead of: "7.0.14924?"
    I suggest: "The download link only gives me access to the latest version, I'm looking for version 7.0.14924 specifically"

Instead of: "you got it slightly wrong, np and I still do appreciate your efforts!"
    I suggest: "Thank you for your time and patience"

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  14. MaSc

MaSc Member

redundant. there's only one meaningful interpretation of my question, except assuming I'd be a moron asking for a current version within this thread, which you apparently did reading your first reply.

this is not very helpful plus entirely off-topic.
    discussion ends here. if you need to continue, let's move to pm.