Parallels always launches the Finder?

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ArnaudN, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ArnaudN

ArnaudN Bit poster

Greetings!

On my computer, I don't use the Finder (I use Path Finder instead). The Finder is therefore almost never running (except when I log in). However, each time I use Parallels Desktop, the Finder is launched. If I quit it again, it relaunches in a few seconds/minutes.

To me, it seems like a bug in Parallels Desktop (like Parallels asking the Finder to do something, perhaps using an AppleScript script). But, before submitting a bug report, I'd like to hear others' thoughts about this.

2. anic297

anic297 Member

Hello!
    Many thanks!

3. Maureen1971

Maureen1971 Bit poster

Is that true that parellals launches finder. Because I'm having so many problems having to relaunch finder multiple times it's a real pain. I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking of sending my computer back.
    Not happy!

4. anic297

anic297 Member

In my case, it's true, that's why I started this thread. Now, I'd like someone else to confirm (ideally, a developer could inspect Parallels' code, see the part that launches the Finder and correct this, because it's an unwanted behaviour: I can't see how useful it is to launch the Finder when the user wants it to be closed).

You're having the opposite problem than mine, then. Have you already tried anything about your problem?
    There are several meaning of having to relaunch finder multiple times. Do you mean (1) your Finder crashes often, (2) it sometimes fail to launch properly or (3) your Finder hangs? What is the behaviour you encounter?
    Maybe we can try to help you (I'd want to).

Last edited: May 3, 2012