Fix for Parallels networking under Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Alexander Henket, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Alexander Henket

Alexander Henket Bit poster

For those that found that networking became notworking under Mountain Lion, I have found a fix. I found these lines in the Console:

25-04-12 15:24:23,833 com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't stat /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/prl_netbridge.kext/prl_netbridge.kext/prl_netbridge.kext/prl_netbridge.kext/.../prl_netbridge.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory - Too many levels of symbolic links.
    25-04-12 15:24:34,126 com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't stat /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/prl_vnic.kext/prl_vnic.kext/prl_vnic.kext/prl_vnic.kext/prl_vnic.kext/.../prl_vnic.kext/prl_vnic.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory - Too many levels of symbolic links.

So I went into
    /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/prl_netbridge.kext and
    /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/prl_vnic.kext

I found they both contained a symlink, resp. prl_netbridge.kext and prl_vnic.kext, that links to the directory right above it causing an eternal loop. After removing these symlinks and a restart, Parallels Desktop 7 networking was restored.

Attached Files:

2. JasonBee

JasonBee Junior Member

Confirmed - and THANK YOU!

I just jumped in with two feet with Mac OS ML Dev preview 4 on my production desktop where I do all my testing and ran into this issue trying to fire up Parallels 7.x.

It was very hard to find this solution BTW. Maybe this one should be pinned up front as a warning in case others some looking.

Thanks to all for posting this...especially the solution author!

Tchuss!

JB

3. eknott82

eknott82 Bit poster

My parallels is not working on my newly installed ML . I am not that computer savvy. How can i fix this problem without really messing up my computer?

4. ConorO

ConorO Bit poster

thanks so much, restart and everything's great

5. Unsalli C

Unsalli C Bit poster

Hi,
    i have using parallels desktop 7 on the mountain lion,
    so, windows 7 able to connect lan but not able to connect to internet? I have tried connect to internet as windows firewall is off but failed. Help Please

6. NathanMuir

NathanMuir Bit poster

How do you go about doing this? I couldn't open the file to edit it and I'm a Terminal nuub