Thread: Clearing status change etc logs in power panel

Bit Poster

Default Clearing status change etc logs in power panel

I'm trying to figure out how to clear the logs in the power panel (the status change logs mostly).

I've logged onto the host, and as far as I can tell, the management console will not allow me to clear the logs.

I currently have 10 pages of logs that I don't need. Not the mention that they're taking up space (I am aware it's only a very small amount, but still...).

I booted the host into vkvm mode, and removed everything from the vzlogs directory before rebooting normally, but this didn't seem to clear them in the power panel.

Deleting and recreating the container isn't an option, and I can't believe that's the only way to get rid of the logs.

I don't want to disable logging completely...merely find a way of clearing them every so often (either automatically, or manually).

My host node is running Server 2008 R2 standard with virtuozzo 4.6.

Edit: I also have no service container configured (As far as I am aware...I never created one manually, and the list in the management console only shows the one container). The menu option 'manage service container' also does not do anything, leading me to believe that i do not have a service CT.
    Last edited by csc2ya; Apr 25, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

In VZ 4.6 the old SVE container / vz agent has been replaced with PVA (you can start from http://kb.parallels.com/112297 but there are multiple kb articles about PVA).

PVA handles all those CT's statuses in an internal database, so I don't think you can remove those info, only unless that DB can be edited, but I'm not sure on that...
    Chris Valean
    MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCC & more
    FortressITX - http://www.solarvps.com/