Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 Mouse and Mount issues

  1. #1

    Default Ubuntu 12.04 Mouse and Mount issues

    I know I'm jumping the gun a little here as it's only just been released, but I'm having problems with Ubuntu 12.04 on Parallels 7.0.15094

    Firstly I get a message that

    "an error occurred while mounting media/psf" - pressing S to skip mountain seems to boot ok.

    Except when it has loaded up I have no mouse control

    I've found this thread: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=257928 that mentions the same problem on the beat and mentions a patch that seems to have been pulled

    Any solutions?



  2. #2
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    It looks like there were some late updates accepted into Precise. I had a working 12.04 based on a nightly build from 2 days before launch. With Precise being officially released today I just installed 12.04 from scratch and had no problems after installing Parallels Tools. I was then prompted to update 14 items, including an update from Linux 3.2.0-23 to 3.2.0-24.

    Upon updating I saw the same message as you. After hitting S to complete the boot I reinstalled Parallels Tools. I am now able to reboot without error, my mouse works and I can access Parallels Shared Folders , but I do get sporadic 'System program problem detected' errors.

    I looks like something in the 3.2.0-24 update is not 100% compatible with the latest Parallels Tools. Hopefully we will see a fast-follow patch, now that Precise is official.
    Last edited by JEarles; Apr 27, 2012 at 04:56 AM.



  3. #3

    Default

    I'm having the same issue. It says something about updating parallels tools manually, but it doesn't appear to be working. Not sure if I should wait for a fix or delete Ubuntu and start over?

    ...................

    Update: I was able to access the terminal and used the following command

    cd /media/Parallels\ Tools/

    sudo ./install

    I was able to run the Parallels Tools update manually and restart. After that the bootup error went away and all was good for a little bit. Then the mouse cursor started acting goofy again!
    Last edited by wrestlingandy; Apr 27, 2012 at 03:56 PM.



  4. #4

    Default

    How do you install tools without a mouse cursor? I cannot launch terminal to issue the commands.



  5. #5
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tchoklat View Post
    How do you install tools without a mouse cursor? I cannot launch terminal to issue the commands.
    Are you able to logon to the Unity desktop? If so press control-option t. This should open a terminal window.



  6. #6

    Default

    After updating Parallels Tools via Terminal and a then running several Ubuntu updates, everything has been stable so far.
    control-option t is a lifesaver!



  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JEarles View Post
    Are you able to logon to the Unity desktop? If so press control-option t. This should open a terminal window.

    No I am not.

    I have tried to open Ububtu which starts fine. I then go to 'Virtual Machine' 'Update Parallel Tools' which opens the window on the desktop with the install script in it. What I would now do is drag the script into a terminal and run as sudo. I am unable to do this for when I click on the ubuntu screen the mouse cursor dissapears I have no control over the OS with the mouse.

    I need to open a terminal to install parallel tools.



  8. #8

    Default

    I was able to re-install the tools be starting up Ubuntu in single user mode.

    After that everything seems to be OK - but I agree that a fix is urgently required as who knows what else is broken behind the scenes



  9. #9
    Bit Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingandy View Post
    I'm having the same issue. It says something about updating parallels tools manually, but it doesn't appear to be working. Not sure if I should wait for a fix or delete Ubuntu and start over?

    ...................

    Update: I was able to access the terminal and used the following command

    cd /media/Parallels\ Tools/

    sudo ./install

    I was able to run the Parallels Tools update manually and restart. After that the bootup error went away and all was good for a little bit. Then the mouse cursor started acting goofy again!
    when I ran the command I got nor such directory error so i checked cd /media/ and the ls and it showed me three directories floppy floppy0 and psf
    and reason im not getting the prallels directory??



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •