Explorer doesn't work

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AnnabelleF, May 7, 2012.

1. AnnabelleF

AnnabelleF Bit poster

Hallo, (English text below)

ich habe folgendes Problem: Sobald ich den Windows Explorer auf meinem System öffnen möchte (also immer wenn ich einen Ordner über Windows öffnen möchte), kommt folgende Fehlermeldung und das Fenster schließt sich: "Windows Explorer funktioniert nicht mehr". Dies passiert auch teilweise, wenn ich Programme über Windows öffne (allerdings schließen sich diese dann nicht). Während ich dies schreibe, erscheint das Fenster ebenfalls alle paar Sekunden!

Vielen Dank im Voraus für Ihre Hilfe,
    Viele Grüße
    Annabelle Fuchs

Hello,

with Parallels Desktop there is following problem: As soon as I open any folders with Parallels, a failure-message opens (Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore) and the folder-window closes. Sometimes it happens too when I start a program with Parallels. The program doesn't close but the failure message appears.

Thank you for your help,
    best wishes,
    Annabelle Fuchs

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

This seems to be a Windows related issue. Please run chkdsk /f command in Command Prompt or run Sustem repair

3. AnnabelleF

AnnabelleF Bit poster

Hi,

thank you for your answer.
    Well... I tried to do what you said, but any action with parallels / Windows I did was closed by the issue. Everything I do with Windows is interrupted by the failure message - the consequence is to be unable even to start Command Prompt....

I already deinstalled and installed Parallels again on my Mac.... Same problem!

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

can you please post an error message screen shot here?

5. AnnabelleF

AnnabelleF Bit poster

picture

Unfortunately it's in German... It means: "Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore" - the text below offers to look online after a solution for the problem (which doesn't work) or to close the program.

[​IMG]

6. AnnabelleF

AnnabelleF Bit poster

maybe more helpful

[​IMG]

7. YanaYana

YanaYana

Reinstallation of Parallels Desktop unfortunately does not have anything in common with Windows issue. Do you hav Windows installation CD or iso file? i suggest you to boot from CD or Iso file and run repair from there. Here is the useful KB: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5223