Drives and Drivers Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JulienS, Jun 25, 2012.

1. JulienS

JulienS Bit poster

Hi everyone,

I have many problem with my Parallels Desktop 6 running on my MacPro .

I made a installation of Windows 7 on a separated intern HD , and made a parallels VM with it. My problems are :

- I can't boot on windows 7 no more ( black screen at restarting)

- I can't replace Parallels drivers by true drivers ( for my video card for example)

- I can't see my Mac Disks although i use a recent version of Mac Drive. ( I already asked help with mediafour hotline)

Does anyone knows how could I do ? Is it a bootcamp Issue ? Thanks for your precious help

J

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Do you mean you cannot boot natively (not via Parallels) - run Check Disk - it is essential.
    Please do not replace Parallels Drivers - you won't be able to operate efficiently without them.
    In order to map Mac driver - please go to Configuration - Options - Sharing and enable sharing feature

3. JulienS

JulienS Bit poster

hi,
    That's it i can't boot natively (i boot pressing c , i choose the windows7 disk and it doesn't work) how do i run "check disk"?
    for mac drives i will try it , thanks.

4. TheOldSalt

TheOldSalt Bit poster

Parallels unable to find Driver

I just upgraded to OS 10.7.4 and now whenever I start Parallels and try to start Windows I get error "Parallels cannot find Driver. Restart Mac." I have restarted the Mac and still get same error. I am on Parallels 5. If I upgraded to #7 will new drivers be installed. thanks

theoldsalt

5. YanaYana

YanaYana

Parallels 5 dows not work on Mac OS Lion - you need to upgrade to PD 7 in order to get back to functional state.

6. YanaYana

YanaYana

In order to run Check Disk - start the virtual machine and follow instructions here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

PS:

You need to run command:

chkdsk /f

7. TheOldSalt

TheOldSalt Bit poster

Parallels cannot load Win7 driver

Thank you YanaYana, However the first thing I have to do to upgrade to 7 is "Launch your current version of Parallels Desktop and start Windows" and I cannot start Windows. Do I have to get the complete version of Parallels 7?

8. YanaYana

YanaYana