Where is my Normal.dotm file?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TomMangan, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TomMangan

TomMangan Bit poster

I have several hours worth of Microsoft Word customizations stored *somewhere* on my backup disk in the normal.dotm file. I cannot find it to save my life.

I am running Windows 7, Microsoft Office 10 and Parallels 7.

I did a reinstall of of all three this morning.... everything is running as it should, I would just prefer to avoid recreating all my lost customizations.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

2. TomMangan

TomMangan Bit poster

Also: Microsoft word tells me my current normal.dotm is here c:\users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

I keep thinking there should be a file structure like this somewhere on the parallels side ... if I could find that I'd probably be in the clear.

3. TomMangan

TomMangan Bit poster

For any other rank newbies like me -- the windows file structure (the c: prompt and so forth) is stored within your .pvm file ...if you do "show package contents" on your .dvm file, it'll show a list of files & apps -- one of which is a disk mounter ... mine is Windows 7-0.hdd ... if you mount click on it, it becomes another volume in your Finder that you can navigate through..