Mountain Lion & Win7x64

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Richard3, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Richard3

Richard3 Member

I have the new MacBookPro 9 with 8 GB with the 2.7 GHz i7 Intel Core (got it June 18th, 2012). I also have the larger 750GB Hard Drive.

Since allowing my MacBook Pro to update to Mountain Lion I have seen Parallels lock up a least once a week. Today I lanuched iPhoto, looked around some photos, play a QT movie that had some from my iPhone. Right after that I went to Chrome on my Win7 and I got a rainbow circle that never stopped - I had to force the Mac to power down and restart.

A bit after I updated to Mountain Lion a Parallel update came out, so I am pretty sure am on the current version. Its getting a bit boring forcing my MacBook Pro to shut down and restart it.

Any Ideas?

2. RadekV

RadekV Junior Member

What about other apps in windows? Only Chrome issue ?

3. Richard3

Richard3 Member

just about any app but it has settle down a lot after updating PD8. Sadly I'll not get 8 free since I bought it when I bought my MacBook on June 15, 2021. So my "Free" OS Mountain Lion update from Apple is costing me 50+ bucks.

4. RadekV

RadekV Junior Member

OK, so try downgrade to PD7.

5. Richard3

Richard3 Member

think you misunderstood - the problem was very apparent with PD7, not so with PD8 (or at least not nearly as bad so far).