optimizing performance for 3dMax

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by irotopo, Sep 12, 2012.

1. irotopo

irotopo Bit poster

I just bought this mac:

Model Name: iMac
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    Memory: 12 GB

I am running parallels desktop 7 in order to use 3dMax in windows 7, 64bit.

I assigned 6GB (with 2 processors) to run windows which is out of the recommended limit, but I need a lot of RAM to make renders, and when I use 3dmax I don´t use other things.

- The problem is that 3dMax does not seem to be using all the 6GB (it appears that it uses 2) .. I don´t know if I have to configure something in windows to free this memory for 3dmax.
    - And I also want to know if 6GB / 2 processors is a good combination of memory usage. I would actually like to increase the RAM for windows since I have 12 GB

Thanks for the help!, this is a key issue for my business..

2. irotopo

irotopo Bit poster

autodesk working badly

actually my autodesk applications are not working well in windows with parallels--

- in autocad the mouse is not in sync, it responds very late as if the drawing was to heavy.. even when i havent drawn a line.

there is some problem with the way this applications are using the memory.. does any one has a suggestion about how to configure this in a proper way?

my windows with parallels as it is now, is only good for opening the emails

3. irotopo

irotopo Bit poster

Hello!

Hello.. is anybody there?
    parallels support?