CAPS LOCK always activated

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Quickrider, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Quickrider

Quickrider Bit poster

Hi,

since updating to Parallels 8 on my MBP (Mountain Lion 10.8.2) running Win7 Prof. as a guest system, my CAPS LOCK is running wild. Although it is not pressed, many letters appear in capitals. Pressing the CAPS LOCK Key for a couple of times will sometimes deactivate this behavior. This is very annoying especially when entering passwords, which are not shown...
    Under MAC OS everything is fine and even with another keyboard the problem persists...

Can anyone help?

Thank´s,

Quickrider.

2. Stefan P

Stefan P Member

Have the same Problem since upgrading to P8 under Win7. Had the same problem some times ago when upgrading to P7 until an updated fixed it. So once again the same issue.

Found when pessing two times shift before starting typeing always lower letters are enterred. At least a robust workaround.

regards

spachner

3. Quickrider

Quickrider Bit poster

Thank´s for the answer. I tried this already, but it does not solve the issue for me... Let´s hope for the next update. Since I´m working a lot with numbers in a database, which will not allow letters to be entered, I end up with error messages all time long... :-(

4. Chris Connor

Chris Connor Bit poster

Chalk me down as someone else having this problem. Doing my swede in. :(

5. MahmoodP

MahmoodP Bit poster

Hi - I'm having the same problem since upgraded to Parallels 8. I have a Macbook Pro - Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Sometimes the caps lock key works inversely and then for no reason (that I have found) it reverts back to working normally. It's very annoying. It does not happen on the 'mac'/host side of the system. I hope this gets corrected.
    Thanks

6. MahmoodP

MahmoodP Bit poster