Black Bars on Left and Right in Full Screen?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by phantom5251, Oct 18, 2012.

1. phantom5251

phantom5251 Bit poster

I'm fairly new to Parallels configuration. I had installed the Windows 8 Release Preview, and then installed RTM via Dreamspark. However when I go to full screen the resolution is bad and has black bars on the left and right. Is there a way to correct this? Or just wait till Parallels releases an update? I'm running an early 2011 MBP.

2. T.Bone

T.Bone Bit poster

Im using win7 and Im having that issue also, in Parallels 8 this wasnt an issue. the corner escape for parallels isnt working either. Im not sure what the solution is. to get windows to fill the whole screen I have to boost resolution to 2500x something.

3. T.Bone

T.Bone Bit poster

Ok the Black bars on the left and right of the screen are due to the install profile selected. I selected gaming because I watch and convert some videos so i wanted something that worked well in a VM for playback. I have experianced in the past were in VM voices would be off.

they use this to preserve the aspect ratio of the game. It was a quick fix for me. Hopefully it is for you also.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello @T.Bone You may refer to this article to fix Black screen on the left and right screen. Thanks!

5. MoE1

MoE1 Bit poster

and what about Linux? having the same issue as soon as I hooked up a second monitor and now problem is permanent (running kali in a VM)