I don't want the Internet Explorer Safari Extension!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Specimen, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Parallels,

Could you please offer a setting to NOT install the IE extension on Safari? I have to remove it every time I update Parallels!!

Also, I don't want an /Users/username/Applications (Parallels)/ folder! I don't use shared applications and I have those turned off, and it keeps popping up every time I delete it!

2. jhdgoo

jhdgoo Bit poster

Agree 100%

At least add a question to the installer. This is so annoying.

3. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback, I've passed it to development. I'm not sure if there is a workaround to disable these options in the current version, I'll get back to you when I hear back.

4. jhdgoo

jhdgoo Bit poster

I just installed Parallels Desktop 9. The issue still exists, a totally useless IE extension is installed in Safari, and the meaningless directory ~/Applications (Parallels) is created.
    There is no way to turn this off in preferences either. Can't you just rip out the code that does this?

5. pemfoo

pemfoo Bit poster

Just wanted to bump this thread. Just completed another upgrade, just finished deleting the IE extension again. _Really_ wished it would not install by default. Or at least look to see if you have removed it and not re-install. Or, what the hey, ask.

6. Helge Becker

Helge Becker Bit poster

Same here, again an extension I have to uninstall everywhere.