Mouse Tracking on Android

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by JhnnyN, Jan 2, 2013.

1. JhnnyN

JhnnyN Bit poster

I recently started using Parallels 8 on one of our mac mini's at work. We are looking to automate android testing. I got the vm up and running very easily but the android cursor does not move with the mac cursor. I tried slowing down the mouse in the mac system preferences and searched around in the Parallels preferences, and the vm preferences but could not find anything that appeared to change the behavior. I searched some 3rd party forums and found some others with similar issues on other guest OSs where the issue was solved by installing 'Parallels tools' but I couldn't find any reference to the tools and android. Is there some setting that I need to change or a link where I can download these tools to allow me to use the vm properly?

*Edit - I found the following article that explains how to fix this issue, but the options are not available when the guest os is Android:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/112076
    Editing the config.pvs in textedit shows that 'Smart Mouse' is enabled

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi JhnnyN,

Parallels Desktop 8 does not include Parallels Tools for Android. Our development team is always working on enhancing our products and I have passed your feedback over to them. Thank you!

3. JhnnyN

JhnnyN Bit poster

Thank you Andrew,

We were able to get around this issue by installing VNC on android guest OS and setting them up with bridged connections. This allowed us to connect directly to them via VNC with no mouse related issues.

4. SakibS

SakibS Hunter

This is is nice. Which version of parallel you are using?

Thanks text-smiley.png