Chrome OS - Chrome Web Store

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by Bermudabob, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Bermudabob

Bermudabob Bit poster

I've installed Chrome OS in Parallels 8 and I can't install any apps from the chrome web store.

Is there something I need to configure to allow chrome os to do this whilse running under Parallels 8?

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Bermudabob,

When you say you can't install any apps from the Chrome web store, what do you mean? The installation fails?

Please provide the steps to reproduce the problem.

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Last time I used Chrome OS in Parallels the problem with the Chrome Web Store was that the Parallels VM was not a recognized/registered device so it wouldn't allow installation from the web store.
    This isn't something that can be configured for the user to gain access, Parallels would have to somehow register with Google the Parallels Desktop VM as a recognized device.

4. Freshjerky

Freshjerky Bit poster

I have this problem as well.

Does the above reply imply that the Parallel's installer is unusable? Right now I can't do anything with the installed version except browse the web.

Anyone have any success with the Chrome OS installer from Parallels? If yes, please explain how.

5. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

@Bermudabob, @Specimen, @Freshjerky - guys, could you please submit the problem report (http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058) while attempting to use Chrome Web Store? Post the ID here. I need it to move forward and hopefully help.

6. ParykZ

ParykZ Bit poster

hmm i had it correct but i dont know how it was. my friend did it for me

7. LeoPara

LeoPara Bit poster

I shutdown the ChromeOS VM and restarted it. Problem was gone.

8. mb01915

mb01915 Bit poster

Why is the Chrome OS version stuck in the dark ages with a 14. something release. There does not seem to be any way to get the most current release making this offering by Parallels completley useless.

9. synced

synced Bit poster

I also have this question, mb01915. Why is Chrome OS version not updated in Parallels?

Searching the forum yields the result that questions about this and questions about how can a user update a chromium vm in place are just not answered. Is it too much work? Is it a low priority?