Data Recovery & Mounting of .hdd Parallels 8

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by techindahuas, Jan 27, 2013.

1. techindahuas

techindahuas Bit poster

Hello - recently I had a client who accidentally deleted a folder on her iMac that contained the Parrallel's information for her session. I was able to locate the folder and restore it using some data recovery software. What I am attempting to do now is re-mount just the hard drive from that session to get access to some important data. I was referred to KB111739 and did what it said. When I get to the step "In the 'Open' window navigate to the .pvm bundle you wanted to register, open it, click on .hdd file, open it and locate another .hdd file. Click on it and click 'Open' - it drills down to a folder and then doesnt allow me to open anything else. Presumably its looking for a file or set of files that contain the information in the .hdd file but isnt finding them. Assuming I have "some" of the files but not all of them, how would I go about getting this fixed so I can mount the .hdd image?

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

3. AlisaAlly

AlisaAlly Banned

Hey dear, you can recover your lost your lost by the using any third party repair tool because no any best useful manual steps to data recovery Mac, so, you need to download third party recovery tool from internet. But some useful tips to save your data:

• Do not try to install any new data re-establish program to the hard drive, this can be overwrite your lost data by new data easily.
    • You should always use good trash files recovery software.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Any one reading this thread please ignore AlisaAlly post, it's just spam.

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

I hate ads and spam disguised as helpful comments.