Parallels Desktop 8 - Switch to Mac edition -- BSOD near end of data transfer

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by SteveH913, May 16, 2013.

1. SteveH913

SteveH913 Bit poster

I am trying to migrate windows from my PC to a MacBook Pro. I initially tried using the Parallels USB cable to connect the two machines. Whenn that failed, I tried writing the file to an external drive. I follow all of the steps in the Parallels Wizard and the data transfer begins. Parallels tells me the transfer should take about 2 hours and 20 minutes. The gauge on the Mac screen shows progress and the remaining time counts down normally. When the remaining time hits the point of 2 minutes remaining, it seems to hang there for a few minutes. Then the PC goes BSOD on me and the Mac shows that the SUB connection has been lost. This has happened to my 4 times now.
    The first attempt I just hooked up both machines via the Parallels USB cable and attempted the transfer as is.
    The second attempt - I disabled Virus protection and the firewall on the machines.
    The third attempt - I tried using Windows Safe Mode on the PC, thinking maybe there was a third-party driver conflict.
    The fourth attempt - I tried writing to an external drive. I got the same result.

All three attempts gave me the result described above.

My PC: Lenovo Thinkpad X201
    8GB Ram
    230GB SSD, 30GB Free Space
    Windows 7

My Mac: 15" MacBook Pro with retina display
    16GB Ram
    OS X 10.8.2

The error log from the external drive attempt included the following errors"
    Failed to read next block from DA snapshot, error 0x8103251
    Read from FS snapshot failed
    Error 0x8103251
    ERROR CODE: 0x0010c45a:0x0000;

Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone got a solution? Any ideas about what may be on the PC that is causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. jimdandee

jimdandee Bit poster

I did not get a transfer cable, cannot find how to get one, seems like no options on parallel web page