Networking stopped working in Windows 7 guest on OSX lion

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by stantale, Jun 29, 2013.

1. stantale

stantale Bit poster

Hi,

Windows 7 VM loads and works fine, and the networking used to work without issues, but recently there is no access to the network in either shared or bridged mode. It is possible that this happened after an upgrade to mountain lion, but I am not 100% sure that this is related since I don't know the last time the VM was successfully working.

Windows 7 version is 64 bit Enterprise, 6.1.7601.
    OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4

I've tried the following:

- reinstall the parallels tools on the VM, and rebooting
    - removing parallels entirely from the guest OSX (including manual instructions on unloading and removing extensions and files
    - rebooting OSX and reinstalling parallels, followed by reinstalling the network tools

I see the network interface in the OSX network settings if the "show in system prefs" box is checked in parallels. It has an IP address and the settings look fine.

In windows 7, the only network interface I see is an Intel Pro/1000 MT network card that is enabled. However, when I run "ipconfig" the only adapter it shows is a tunnel interface with no IP information.

I don't see any other error symptoms - the parallels log looks fine, and kext extensions look to be loaded correctly.

Please let me know what steps I should take to resolve this.

Thank you!