PD9 Crystal Mode How to enable?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ZenonL, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ZenonL

ZenonL Bit poster

How to enable "crystal mode" in the coherent mode. After the upgrade from version 8.0 to 9.0 in the preferences menu does not have the "crystal mode" option.
    Host OS: Mountain Lion
    Guest OS: Microsoft Windows 7

2. CamiloH

CamiloH Bit poster

I just had a chat with Technical Support and this was their response:

Krishna Kumar:
    The Crystal Mode has been removed from Parallels Desktop 9. This feature was not preferred by most of the users and hence it has been removed in Parallels Desktop 9.

Very sad. I am as well one of those users that preferred to have the Crystal Mode features.

3. steve23094

steve23094 Bit poster

Oh, you're kidding. That sucks.

I hate it when software regresses.

4. Cramill

Cramill Bit poster

This is one the dumbest things I've heard all day.

I wonder what their definition of "most users" is? People were still using it, so why remove it?

5. kstearnes

kstearnes Bit poster

I was just trying to figure out the same thing. "not preferred" sounds more like laziness on Parallels part. Very disappointed. I may go back to version 8 because of this.

6. Njt123

Njt123 Bit poster

Yup, thats a dumb move

Without Cysytal Mode you cannot CMD TAB between applications...you have to 'double' CDM TAB because for whatever ridiculous reason the parallels icon always dominants as the last app to tab to ....in Crystal Mode it is not there and you can switch applications normally. Anyone got a hack?