PD9 Remote Desktop Fullscreen extends into Mac Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Steve809, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Steve809

Steve809 Bit poster

When I run Remote Desktop (in Windows 7) in full screen mode (not Mac Fullscreen, but Remote Desktop Full Screen), the top of the remote desktop is behind the mac menu bar. So you can actually move a window behind the menu bar, and can not longer access the close/minimize/maximize.

2. Reinhard23

Reinhard23 Junior Member

Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem and filed a bug report and asked for support. After a call and a remote session Parallels told me that this will be fixed in one of the following updates.

Regards
    Reinhard

3. Reinhard23

Reinhard23 Junior Member

As a quick workaround, try the following:
    Check "Allow apps to auto-switch to full screen" at Configuration->Options->Coherence
    Check "Use Mac OS X full screen" at Configuration->Options->Full screen

Then the full screen window of your RDP session moves a bit down, you'll get a black bar on the top of the window and your taskbar is cropped for a few millimeters, but at least you can minimize/maximize and close the session.

4. Steve809

Steve809 Bit poster

Thanks.
    For the workaround, I was just putting the remote desktop in MAC full screen if I needed to access title bars that had gone up to high (Command - CTRL - F).
    Hopefully they fix it soon. I use remote desktop for work via Parallels.
    And, as an aside, it would be great if they could fix the Retina for the remote desktop. Don't know if you have a Retina Mac. Actually, I don't like the look and feel for pretty much anything, when the Retina is on.

5. MarcHey

MarcHey Bit poster

Any update on this? It's very annoying.

Thanks!

6. HunterDG

HunterDG Junior Member

7. HunterDG

HunterDG Junior Member