HELP, having issues with mouse/pointer in AutoCAD running in parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Evan_T21, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Evan_T21

Evan_T21 Bit poster

I have seen some threads remaking on issues with the mouse when running autoCAD via parallels. However, none have seemed to have the exact same problem as I do. Most reference a mouse pointer that is moving too slowly or sluggishly, or they have their mouse moving irregularly, jumping very fast and stopping and starting. My issue is a little bit different. I am not sure if this is being caused by AutoCAD, parallels or some combo of the two.

1. When using the default pointer tool in AutoCAD, or any other drawing/editing tool. (the one with the red, green and blue axes) the mouse input is extraordinarily sensitive although completely smooth. To the point of being unusable.
    2. When using any of the view tools, i.e. the panning hand or orbit, or zoom, the sensitivity is normal.
    3. The sensitivity is only too high within the drawing/view box. When the mouse moves over the ribbon at the top, or the quick options at the bottom it returns to normal sensitivity. This makes it completely useless as the awkward transition from normal to extreme sensitivity causes the mouse to jump all over the screen.

I am running AutoCAD 2014 on 64bit Windows 7 via parallels 9 on my iMac. I am using the apple touch mouse. You may have to walk me through this one guys. I am not a programmer and this is literally my first day on both parallels and autoCAD.

Thank you in advance.
    Sincerly
    -Evan_T21

2. rvdewall

rvdewall Bit poster

Hi,

i'm having the exact same issue. Mouse is very 'fast' in mspace, but acts normal around ribbons and menus (like options menu). No problems in Win7 on parallels apart from this one...

Maybe i'll try a different mouse...

3. rvdewall

rvdewall Bit poster

Ok,

I'v been fiddling around some more and this is what i came up with:
    set the mouse in de parallels options for win7 to not be optimized for games... (seems that ACAD is concidered a game)

That's all!
    I also tweaked the resolution, because my commandline was huge, ribbons were normal and bottom icons tiny. You have to set the resolution in the parallels options to scaled. Within your win7-environment, adjust the resolution to your liking (1440x900 was fine for me) and accept the fact that you no longer have crisp fonts... :0(

HTH

4. Haokung

Haokung Bit poster

I have the same issue.
    Has any solution yet?

5. Bjornt

Bjornt Bit poster

Same issue!!!!!!

6. Rugholmer7

Rugholmer7 Bit poster

On the menu bar at the top of the screen choose: Virtual Machine > Configure > Options > Advanced then from the "Smart Mouse" drop down, choose "On". The default is "Auto" and sometimes it "automatically" chooses not to work well in some games or AutoCAD.

7. rapidrewards

rapidrewards Bit poster

I have the same issue!

Thanks

8. JMaC27

JMaC27 Bit poster

rvdewall is dead accurate and fixed by issue...see the detail correction above....then also just fine tune it with the mouse speed!

THANK YOU!

"I'v been fiddling around some more and this is what i came up with:
    set the mouse in de parallels options for win7 to not be optimized for games... (seems that ACAD is concidered a game)

That's all!
    I also tweaked the resolution, because my commandline was huge, ribbons were normal and bottom icons tiny. You have to set the resolution in the parallels options to scaled. Within your win7-environment, adjust the resolution to your liking (1440x900 was fine for me) and accept the fact that you no longer have crisp fonts... "