Feature Request Arch Linux support in Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by phearus, Oct 8, 2013.

1. phearus

phearus Junior Member

Hi @rkulikov and the Parallels team, and, everyone else.

When will support for Arch Linux be added to Parallels?

I don't want a graphics installer for Linux - I am using Linux! Add arch-support instead, please!

c'mon, Oracle can do this for free - I don't want to support Oracle, even for though it is open-source - I'd rather support you-guys, with money, you know - that stuff you guys harass me for every year or so for a graphical Parallels tools installer and minimal back-end performance increases...

Please, please, please - add Arch Linux support. It has been what, 9 iterations of Parallels - still no Arch Linux Support. Start giving us Linux users more reasons to pay for your minimal version incremental updates.

Thanks.

P.S. I am going to post this in other threads too - mostly to help garner more Arch Linux support requests - I am not trolling - other Arch Linux user-wannabes - help me out here ;)

2. IsaacD

IsaacD Bit poster

Seconded.

This used to work if we installed extra headers, now it doesn't seem to matter.

Part of the whole point where Linux support just isn't making them as much money as chasing Windows users.

3. pmaurin

pmaurin Bit poster

I second this request.

I'm most interested in Arch Linux. However, the bigger problem is the narrow focus on Ubuntu only. There are many other Linux distributions. Just take a look at DistroWatch.

Providing a source package of the client tools would go a long way. I'm sure someone will take that that, and package it for their distribution of choice.

I too, I'm ready to jump over to VirtualBox for my Arch install.

4. KujtimS

KujtimS Bit poster

I have almost made it possible to install parallels tools on arch linux but the drivers for xorg 1.15 are missing. 1.14 driver will not work even with ignoreABI. X crashes all the time. Please update parallels tools for linux and add a compiled driver for xorg 1.15. The community would do the rest of the job for you for free.

Otherwise you won't let me any choice but using virtualbox.