Cannot Reinstall Parallels Tools on Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by omicronbp, Oct 18, 2013.

1. omicronbp

omicronbp Bit poster

I am using my Win 8.1 bootcamp hard drive for Parallels. It had been working fine, no problems. However, randomly Coherence stopped working. The solution online was to reinstall the Parallels Tools on my Windows drive. I uninstalled from the Add/Remove Programs and got an error saying it could not uninstall drivers. When I try to reinstall the tools (even manually) the setup just starts rolling back and says it failed with code 1603 which apparently is a general failure code. I've researched through these forums and tried every suggestion I've found. I've tried deleting registry keys, install folders, etc... Still fails. The only hope that I have remaining is to post my setup log from the Windows Temp folder. Please tell me what's going on so that I can go back to running Parallels. Thanks.

And apparently your "manage attachments" feature of your message boards does not work in Chrome or IE 11... I guess I'll download Firefox and try that. I am unable to attach my setup log until then... Very frustrating

2. omicronbp

omicronbp Bit poster

Firefox does not work either... how do I get you my logs? I tried pasting into a post, but the text is too long

3. serv

serv Forum Maven

Parallels Help menu has Report a problem item. Use it and post report ID here.

4. omicronbp

omicronbp Bit poster

The report ID number is 29957282

5. omicronbp

omicronbp Bit poster

So what do I do here? I can't run parallels.

6. serv

serv Forum Maven

Could you try updating to PD 9.0.23136 and see if tools update succeeds. If if fails, please submit a new report.

7. omicronbp

omicronbp Bit poster

That fixed it.