Mavericks, Parallels 9 and Retina Multi Monitors

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by unodidue, Dec 26, 2013.

1. unodidue

unodidue Bit poster

Hi all,
    i have a new macbook pro 15'' retina, 16gb Ram.
    I have installed Mavericks and Parallels 9 with Microsoft Windows 8.1.
    My problem occurs only when i connect an external monitor with MiniDVI-VGA adapter.
    My Mackbook's Monitor turns black within Windows 8.1 and a i can use only external monitor. (in Windows)
    While When i connect my mackbook with thunderbolt monitor i do not have this problems.

Can anyone help me?

2. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi unodidue,

Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks has introduced a new feature, "space per display", which is fully supported in the latest Parallels Desktop 9 update only (starting from the revision 9.0.23136.932290).

There are three options to use multiple monitors in Parallels Desktop on Mavericks:

Update Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac to the latest build: http://kb.parallels.com/111603
    or
    Turn off the option "Displays have separate Spaces" in System Preferences-> Mission Control. Please note that this would affect all programs on Mac OS.
    or
    Turn off the option "Use Mac OS X Full Screen" in the Virtual Machine menu -> Configuration -> Options -> Full Screen.

Log out and then log back in to your Mac user account

Start Parallels Desktop and check the issue

Thanks,
    Looran