PD8 with OS 10.9 Host error 15380

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by crazy88, Jan 4, 2014.

1. crazy88

crazy88 Bit poster

Short story is since I upgraded to Mavericks I have to go through rewriting permissions and activation every time I load Parallels.

The background is I waited until PD8 was supposed to work with Mavericks before upgrading and updated PD8 to the latest version supporting OS 10.9 before I did an upgrade to Mavericks. After the upgrade I get the following symptoms:

- On opening Parallels it flashes checking for new software
    - Then prompted for authentication by the OS with the info "Parallels Desktop needs to perform one-time initialization."
    - After authenticating I get the error that Parallels could not be started with the error code 15830.

I've been troubleshooting the issue for the last few weeks. I can get PD8 to start if I go through this process each time:
    - chmod the permissions on the Parallels Desktop folder in Applications (as per one resolution to error 15830 in the kb or forums - specifically I run Chmod -R 755 /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app)
    - Start Parallels
    - Go through the authentication process ... enter my key etc etc
    - Paralells then runs

I have cleaned out the old app (from Applications ~/Library and /Library Application Support) and reinstalled but the effect is the same. Cleaned it off, did a repair permissions, reinstalled ... same effect.
    I have been reinstalling with ParallelsDesktop-8.0.18615.948847 and have even re-downloaded it to ensure it wasn't corrupt.

Anyone have any ideas?

If not this is my last version of PD and jumping ship back to VMWare. I have to support all the other students with VMs to run CAD at uni and I'm starting to find PD isn't that advantageous any more over Fusion and finding it even harder to recommend virtualisation software that is such a pain.

2. crazy88

crazy88 Bit poster

Nobody has any ideas?