Problems with Barracuda Network Access Client

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TraneF, Jan 18, 2014.

1. TraneF

TraneF Member

Hey, all.

I have a client for whom I do contract work. Previously, I used the Cisco AnyConnect client to access their network and that worked just fine. The client changed to a Barracuda-based access solution, however, and since then I have been unable to connect to the VPN. Are there any known issues using the Barracuda Network Access Client under either Windows XP Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate? I experience exactly the same symptoms under both VMs, which is that the VPN client returns 'ERROR: Handshake Request Timeout' when attempting a connection. If I fiddle with username or password, I receive a proper authentication error, so the handshake issue apparently happens after successful authentication. Ideas?

Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac (v7.0.15107)
    Barracuda Network Access Client v7.04 Build #55
    XP and 7 VMs fully up-to-date with all hotfixes/SPs, running MSE and firewall with default configurations for trusted network, Network Discovery enabled
    Local network is behind a NAT router with UPnP enabled. Disabling the firewall on either VM does not change anything.

The client help desk has been unable to give me any hints on the cause or resolution to the problem.

2. TraneF

TraneF Member

Just in case this is useful to anybody, the problem was not related to Parallels or my VM configurations. The problem was a configuration issue with the client's firewall.