Problem with Parallels 8, Windows 7, Microsoft Word, & Dictation

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dmh9282, Jan 25, 2014.

1. dmh9282

dmh9282 Bit poster

I have Windows 7 installed on the latest version of Mavericks. I turned on Dictation in Windows 7. At first, the dictation worked in whatever application/program I tried it in -- MS Word and email and Internet Explorer.

I'm not sure what changed, but it stopped working. I was repeatedly asked to repeat what I said.

I went and bought a Logitech headset. Now what I say appears in the dialogue window, but is not typed into the application (Word, email or browser.)

The settings say it is using Parallels controllers.

Suggestions?

2. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

Has anyone been able to get os x dictation to work in windows 10 with parallels, this is getting very frustrating. It worked yesterday for a little bit and then stopped working. No new system updates. I went ahead and updated parallels to the latest build despite my fears due to previous problems, but still can't get os x dictation to work. I hit the fn key twice and get the microphone to pop up but it never types what i say. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. I know this is a very old thread. I had the same problem where I would double tap and and the microphone icon would appear but nothing would be typed after I try to dictate. I implemented enhanced dictation but I hate it. It works, but it adds a lot of capitals when I pause speaking. Even the small pause makes the system think I have stopped the current sentence. I would prefer not to use enhanced. Has anyone found a the above?

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @dmh9282, please try Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if that helps.