Mac RDP to Parallels9/Win7 loses Shared Folders

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Andrew Skoog, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Andrew Skoog

Andrew Skoog Junior Member

I am using the Microsoft Mac Remote Desktop Client running on Mavericks to connect to a Parallel v9/Windows 7 virtual machine running on my Mac Pro Mavericks Server.

I have setup the virtual machine to use "all disks" shared folders. This work fine and all of my folders show up when I run Windows 7 at the Server console.

When I attempt to RDP in from another Mac, it connects fine, but all of the shared folders are then gone.

I need the virtual machine to be the same regardless if user is at the server console or RDP...ing in remotely.

Any ideas?

Andy

2. Andrew Skoog

I have tested the same scenario using a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server virtual machine and have the same problem.

Parallels sharing settings appear to only work when at the computer hosting the Parallels Virtual Machine. It seems to lose all network connections when a remote client comes into the virtual machine via RDP.

Therefore, must be a setting in Parallels that I am missing or a bug as best I can tell.

Anyone?.......Anyone????

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. Andrew Skoog

bump.....bump

Sure could use some help on this. This is making my terminal server pretty limited since I cannot connect to network shares.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Are you using Bridged Networking? If not please change it.
    Explanation of networking capabilities from knowledge base: http://kb.parallels.com/en/4948