Windows Start Menu opens "In Back" of Mac applications

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by autopro, Mar 6, 2014.

1. autopro

autopro Bit poster

Ref: OSX Mavericks, Parallels 9, VM = Windows XP. In coherence with the Windows Icon on the Dock.

When I click the icon, the Windows Start Menu opens, but IN BACK of any open Mac Application.
    The only way to see it, is to close all Mac Application windows.
    Same is true for Alt-Clicking on the Parallels Icon in the status bar.

How do I get the Windows Start Menu to open IN FRONT (on top of) open Mac Applications?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. autopro

autopro Bit poster

Maheeshwar, thanks for taking a look this, but your suggestions didn't change anything.

Figured I'd just wait for the next build. I have 9.0.24229 now. Same thing is happening.

@user community, Am I the only one having this problem?

4. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello autopro,

Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and reply us the Problem Report number. We will be happy to help you.

5. autopro

autopro Bit poster

Abdul,

OK. ID #44703786.

6. autopro

autopro Bit poster

It's coming up on a month now. Do I just keep waiting? Or should I assume the official Parallels Team response is a shrug?

7. autopro

autopro Bit poster

If you have no idea, just say, "we have no idea." Do not tell us to "get the latest update"; "Uninstall and reinstall"; "Create a Problem Report ID and tell you the number".

I first asked about this very annoying problem with Parallels 9 and OSX Mavericks back in March. It's been over 4 months now. All you did was harass me, then ignore me.

Bad business model, Parallels Team.

8. strells

strells Product Expert

I posted a thread about this last week. Coherence was broken before the latest release and has gotten even worse in the latest. Now most everything (windows, menus, etc.) do not get focus above Mac OS windows when you click them or even focus in front of other Windows windows. I've given up on it for now and use the Parallels fullscreen mode (not Mac OS X fullscreen mode). I use PD all day every day so I hope eventually it will get fixed.

Steve