Mavericks - Windows 8.1 - Parallels 9

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KenKnight, Mar 7, 2014.

1. KenKnight

KenKnight Junior Member

I have a the software in the title on a MBP w/16gigs. I'm now seeing a problem with using any scrollbar of any window (at least all that I've tried). If I use the mouse pad, click and scroll it the entire environment will freeze up. The only way to get it to unlock is toggle the VM into or out of full screen. It will immediately start responding. By freezing, I mean absolutely no programming running is accessible until I toggle fullscreen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ken

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Ken,

Have you tried to reinstall Parallels Tools.

3. KenKnight

KenKnight Junior Member

Hi Kat,

Yes, I've tried reinstalling Parallels Tools. While we're discussing that, the video driver doesn't seem to be acting right. For example, the text will be fuzzy for a second and then you'll see the screen redraw causing the text to become clear. Also, certain splash screens having a large ghosting effect that doesn't go away until the screen does. These are typically windows that use clipping for non-rectangular windows. Hopefully this will provide some insight on why I'm seeing the issues.

Thanks,
    ken

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Ken,

Just to make sure do you have "Enable smooth scrolling" checked in the Hardware area of you configuration window? screen-capture-47.jpg
    If not please check this box. Also are you using a Retina display, if you are please see this Knowledgebase article:http://kb.parallels.com/en/118587.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014