ID# 41322713 : Windows 7 - IE8 application crashes repeatedly.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jwjohnson99, Mar 11, 2014.

1. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

When working in the same web based application (requires IE8 to operate) I have had numerous instances where the application ubruptly closes and Parallels closes as well. It does not suspend my Windows 7 (32bit) VM, but immediately closes it as well. The application running on the same version of windows 7 with the same version of IE8 works fine on 3 different PC's in my office. This only happens on my MacBook Pro 11,3 running OSX 10.9.2. I am running the latest parallels build Build 9.0.24172. Any unsaved work is lost when this happens. This happens usually when clicking on a drop down list, but has happened when typing text into a text box. It has been happening randomly, but at least 3-5 times a week over the past couple of months or so. I believe it started when I installed the current version of Parallels 9. I really need to get this issue resolved.
    I submitted a help request and got back the ID# above.
    Thanks.

2. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Jwjohnson99,

Please re install the Internet Explorer 8 on your Windows 7 as suggested at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Let us know the application you are using with Internet Explorer 8.

Thanks,
    Manoj.

3. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

I had to do an upgrade in place of Windows 7 (professional 32 bit). That still did not fix the problem. When I tried to re install IE 8 it said it was not supported on my OS (that behavior persists even after the windows re-install). The application I'm using is the Allscripts Enterprise Electronic Health Record. I've been running it in Parallels for years without problems.

4. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

Here's another update. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 32. I freshly installed active x controls needed to run my software and I get the same results. There have been no updates to my EEHR software for 6 mos. It was running fine until I started noticing this problem about 2 months ago. I'll play around with some of the VM settings and see if that makes a difference. If not I may see if I have an older version of Parallels to try and see if that makes a difference.

5. sp2000

sp2000 Bit poster

Have you found a solution yet? Im encountering a similar situation and I am also using Allscripts Enterprise.

6. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

7. jwjohnson99

jwjohnson99 Member

I tried the above suggestion and it did not help.
    The good news is that the new build of Parallels 9 that was pushed out today (Build 9.0.24229) fixed the problem. In the release notes it says it fixes an issue with MacBook Pro with Retina Display that drops you back to the OSX logon screen. It seems to be working fine now.
    Thanks.
    Jeff