SSL Certificate issue on guest in IE and Chrome for login.live.com and others

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DAVEWILTON, Mar 11, 2014.

1. DAVEWILTON

DAVEWILTON Bit poster

I've searched but everything to do with Parrallels & SSL is generating certificates so sorry if I have missed this. I have a Windows 7 Professional x64 running on top of a Macbook Pro 2013. Parallels is latest version 9.0.24172.

When I launch https://login.live.com/ I get a certificate error in both Chrome and IE9. It's really important that I get this working in IE because Visual Studio uses IE to log into team foundation server, changing your default browser doesn't change this. Login is fine in FireFox.

More details:

Chrome 33 (latest). FF 27 (latest). IE9

I don't really want to upgrade IE as there is clearly something else wrong here, it doesn't work in chrome either. I can log into other SSL sites (google) but amazon fails with the same issue. Parallels is connected via the wifi card, I haven't changed the mac address or DHCP server (auto). Not sure if this is relevant.

Error from Chrome:

Technical details

The certificate that Chrome received during this connection attempt is not formatted correctly, so Chrome cannot use it to protect your information.
    Error type: Malformed certificate
    Subject: login.live.com
    Issuer: VeriSign Class 3 Extended Validation SSL SGC CA
    Public key hashes: sha1/ax/KPTveAZRNCriOxcnPje8Lrog= sha256/KFnehPOhXAdC9eDYSz1gZ7Zi1uIXGfYW5FKufZWSuus= sha1/j5qKVfIJ52ZNgKFWdkAfs1i7Dhk= sha256/TfUknRoG8EPFF/IfejfY9nW2CPiv9v5p3/1WM2e0urg= sha1/sYEIGhmkwJQf+uiVKMEkyZs0rMc= sha256/JbQbUG5JMJUoI6brnx0x3vZF6jilxsapbXGVfjhN8Fg= sha1/4n972HfV354KP560yw4uqe/baXc= sha256/sRJBQqWhpaKIGcc1NA7/jJ4vgWj+47oYfyU7waOS1+I=

Any help much appreciated, I've exhausted all I could think of which isn't much (added the sites into trusted zones)

edit: I have checked my time and date settings and synchronised with time.windows.com

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. DAVEWILTON

DAVEWILTON Bit poster

3. AmusanU

AmusanU Bit poster

Sorry , This is happening to me and do not know how to solve it . Please @davewilton how do i solve it .. The blog spot you pasted is not working Please how do i go about it @Davewilton .

Thanks

4. DAVEWILTON

DAVEWILTON Bit poster

Sorry you are right, I should have posted the relevant information. From the blog post:

Which links to this Microsoft page which says

You can just click this link Microsoft downloads page for all versions of windows WHICH YOU MUST OPEN IN INTERNET EXPLORER.

Choose your version of windows (taking care to make sure you get the correct x86 x64 version) and run the install. It is completely SILENT it does not say it has completed. I restarted at this point but you may not need to.

Dave

5. AmusanU

AmusanU Bit poster

THANKS DAVE .. I got it solved .. Have a great night !