Parallels Desktop can't be opened - 1712

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Wirebender75, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Wirebender75

Wirebender75 Bit poster

I am running OSX 10.9.2 (Mavericks) and Parallels 9. I got a prompt that a newer version/update of Parallels was available (appeared to be just an update, not an offer to upgrade to a newer version). I clicked "OK" and entered my administrator password. After a few minutes the update froze/wouldn't respond and I had to force quit. Now when I try to open Parallels I get a message that says: "The application Parallels Desktop can't be opened -1712. Any suggestions on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. TimothyNJ

TimothyNJ Bit poster

?!?! That's it ?!? Your advice is to just uninstall and reinstall? No indication what is wrong or how to fix it?

I have this same problem now. Mine worked yesterday and not today. No update. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Timothy

4. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi TimothyNJ,

We recommend you to download Parallels Desktop from the link http://parallels.com/directdownload/pd9

Now remove Parallels Desktop, then run a repair disk permissions on the Mac disk utility.

Install Parallels Desktop and start it, the issue is occurred because downloaded file might be broken.

Thanks.

5. JerryG1

JerryG1 Bit poster

You seriously ignored every word Timothy said and told him to reinstall a second time, even after he clearly indicated that you were insulting his intelligence by telling him to reinstall?

I don't even have Parallels, I got here from an unrelated google search; but I'd like you guys to know you are giant fucking asshats.