My Macbook Air and my Macbook Retina will not display at the same time

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by PhilipCa, Mar 18, 2014.

1. PhilipCa

PhilipCa Bit poster

I bought a Macbook Air recently and used the migrate tool from my Macbook Retina to load settings etc. I have downloaded Parallels Access onto both machines, Access is turned on on both but only one laptop appears in the access application screen both on my other PCs and on my iPad. If I turn off access and turn on again, that laptop appears in the same place - but both will not appear together. I've re-downloaded and re-installed the access program on both laptops as well as performed a restart. It's almost as if there's a duplicate setting somewhere which is confusing Access to think that the two laptops are the same machine. Any thoughts? Many thanks. Philip

2. Pauhana658

Pauhana658 Junior Member

I think this is the same behavior I'm seeing with my two iMac. I've created a posting describing the problem here:
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...ond-iMac)-causes-bizarre-behavior-on-iPad-app

I, too, migrated my user account from one machine to the other. I'm wondering if that is the cause of both our problems. Hope Parallels can resolve this quickly. I took out a two-year subscription on the promise of being able to access both machines from the iPad.

3. PhilipCa

PhilipCa Bit poster

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it seems to be exactly the same issue and I too have uninstalled and reinstalled. Really not sure what else to do as I too bought a 2 year subscription. I wonder if it's something to do with some hidden config within the Apple machines which need correcting.

4. Pauhana658

Pauhana658 Junior Member

Any luck getting Access to recognize both computers at the same time? This appears to be a dead thread as far as support from Parallels is concerned. No response from Parallels for either your question or mine. What are our options now?

5. PhilipCa

PhilipCa Bit poster

Unfortunately still a problem. No idea what the options are now. Maybe a direct message to Parallels - I'm not sure. For me the problem is a minor inconvenience as my Macbook Pro is only used to stream movies etc. and my Macbook Air does show up in Parallels Access. It would be nice to have it sorted though.

6. marat_t

marat_t Pro

7. PhilipCa

PhilipCa Bit poster

Wow!! This worked!! Yipee and thanks for solving a very frustrating issue.
    Cheers
    Ph

8. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi PhilipCa

It's great to hear that your issue has been fixed and you were able to work on it without any issues.

Feel free to get back to us if you need any assistance.