DNS issues after standby mode

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ClausA, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ClausA

ClausA Junior Member

I have Ubuntu Linux as guest running on Parallels Mac 9 (Build 9.0.24217).

Even though it used to work, I do now have problems with DNS after awaking the VM from standby.

I use Zeroconf on Linux (i.e. Bonjour on Mac) to easily connect to my VM. This works perfectly after a fresh start/reboot of the VM. However, after the VM is waking up from standby or my Mac gets back from sleep, the DNS entry via Zeroconf does not work anymore: I can connect to the VM via its IP, but not via "machine.local".

Anybody who as a clue how to solve this issue?

Thanks for any hint.
    C.

2. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ClausA,

Please try to follow the steps outlined below:

1. Check and adjust VM configuration:
    2. Network adapter status and existence:
    3. Click Virtual Machine menu > Configure > Hardware > Network 1 and make sure that for this network adapter the Connected check-box is marked.
    4. Check to see which networking mode is chosen there--Shared or Bridged--try switching between the two and then switching back.

Thanks,
    Looran

3. ClausA

ClausA Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. This does not solve the issue, which apparently is caused by the most recent Parallels Tools versions in combination with the Ubuntu installation for virtual machines. The Parallels development team currently looks into that.