Support Code Not Provided...And I need Support Please

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JandLAutoGlass, Apr 9, 2014.

1. JandLAutoGlass

JandLAutoGlass Bit poster

Newbie here, I purchased Parallel, downloaded/installed it. All ready to go (Win8 on my 2013 iMac). Seemed simple enough. Problem: I purch on Microsoft store Windows 8 (I have a desktop pc winxp). It provided me a download button and key. Well unfort it is a .exe file not .iso. So after reading KB and watching Skeeter on YouTube I see where unless it is an iso or physical disc I can't install win8 within Parallels.

So I thought I would call and speak to support since I have 30 days free...well after looking all over in My Acct, Tech, etc there is no support code provided...yes I registered everything in my acct and the product key. So now what?

What can I do? I can not get an iso from my pc winxp since I would have to use upgrade assistant and it won't work. I can however get iso in win7 and I do see it in Parallels but I don't have a key for it, only for the win8 I punch. thought I would be able to upgrade before having to enter in win7 key.

PLEASE HELP!!

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

3. JandLAutoGlass

Thanks for the reply and the link...but unfortunately I have tried that many many times.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Are you saying that that page doesn't show your support code in the middle of it, in orange, after you made the login with the email you used to register your license key?

5. JandLAutoGlass

YEP! that is exactly what I am saying! I know if it was there I wouldn't miss it! Orange, in the middle right etc...but it is not there

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

And if you click on "My Registered Products" in the left column, do you find your license key there?

7. JandLAutoGlass

key yes, support code no

8. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi JandLAutoGlass,

Please check your inbox for your Support Code.

For more information please refer to the KB article http://kb.parallels.com/8921

Also when installing for Windows 7, uncheck the option ' This version requires a product key'. Installation for Windows 7 can be continued and you would also be able to upgrade to Windows 8.

Thanks,
    Looran

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  9. JandLAutoGlass

Looran,
    Thank you I now have it! I also received my physical Win8 disc so right now I am going to install it an Parallels....wish me luck it all works. If not at least I now have that code!
    Thanks again,
    Kimmie

10. ramonejkalsaw

ramonejkalsaw Bit poster

Hello ... I just downloaded the Trial Version and need to chat with support but like the person above, my SUPPORT CODE has not come through yet. I see this has happened many times to different users. Is there a LAG TIME before the support code shows up?

Thanks.