Windows 7 display problems after I ran update Build 9.0.24229

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by marilou, Apr 13, 2014.

1. marilou

marilou Bit poster

I just updated my Parallels Desktop 9 with the latest update Build 9.0.24229 and it totally messed up my screen resolution.

Now the icons and the text on my Windows desktop appears to be about half the size of what it was before the update. I'm using windows 7 on a macbook pro 13 inch late 2013 retina display.

Has anyone else had this problem after doing the update? Any suggestions on what I could do to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. marilou

marilou Bit poster

Manoj -

Can you please explain why you feel it is necessary to reinstall Parallels? Is there a bug where the update does not work correctly. When I did the update I saw no error messages. I am sure you understand why I am asking this.

4. Srobadelic2

Srobadelic2 Bit poster

I agree. I can not see me virtual machine after I resume it. It takes me to another desktop and then never displays it. I can not Stop, Restart, Shutdown the VM. I can not Quit Parallels must Force quit.

5. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi marilou,

The suggestion was to re-install Parallels Tools and not Parallels Desktop for Mac. Parallels Tools would load basic drivers in the VM.

Kindly follow steps outlined in the article below:

http://kb.parallels.com/4841

Thanks,
    Looran

6. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Srobadelic2,

Please submit screenshots, error message if any, and also a problem report ID by following http://kb.parallels.com/9058

Thanks,
    Looran

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014