How do I change "This PC\Documents settings" to point to my Bootcamp drive?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mallycat, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Mallycat

Mallycat Bit poster

I am having problems configuring my Parallels install the way I want it. I regularly swap between Bootcamp native boot and Parallels. I need the path of my files to always point to the same full path - no aliases. I need this because I link workbooks together etc and the absolute path must be the same.

I am running win 8.1
    when I right click on This PC\documents\Properties, it shows the location as psf\home (I changed this setting myself by right clicking on Parallels Desktop\Preferences\General\virtual machines folder and pointed it to c:\users\matt\documents). but when I look at the data in this folder, it is not the same as what is in my c:\users\matt\documents. I want the folder structure underneath This PC to point to my bootcamp folder.

Can anyone help me here to do this?

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

psf/home is a shared folder between OS X and Windows VM, it's actually teh Home folder being shared. Disable Share Home folder in sharing options of the VM.

3. Mallycat

Mallycat Bit poster

Thanks - that fixed it for me.