When mac boots up parallels auto starts & so does Boot camp - I CANT STOP IT!!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MGNC123, Apr 21, 2014.

1. MGNC123

MGNC123 Bit poster

Parallels desktop for mac: Build 8.0.18615

I have the virtual machine startup shutdown option setting "start automatically" set to "never" however just recently it boots up automatically on start up of my mac?? I'm totally bamboozled?
    [parallels menu bar->virtual machine ->configure->Options->Startup and Shutdown->Start Automatically]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. strells

strells Product Expert

That option has nothing to do with Parallels starting when you boot your Mac. That option is for starting the VM when you start the Parallels Desktop application.

In System Preferences, go to User Accounts and then Login Items. Make sure Parallels is not listed. If it is, remove it.

But that would prevent the application from starting. The option you set should prevent the VM from starting. I'm not sure why the Never option isn't working.

Steve

3. strells

strells Product Expert

That option has nothing to do with Parallels starting when you boot your Mac. That option is for starting the VM when you start the Parallels Desktop application.

In System Preferences, go to User Accounts and then Login Items. Make sure Parallels is not listed. If it is, remove it.

But that would prevent the application from starting. The option you set should prevent the VM from starting. I'm not sure why the Never option isn't working.

Steve