Energy Saver Display Sleep

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by big hill, Apr 23, 2014.

1. big hill

big hill Bit poster

Hi,
    Running Parallels 9.0.23140 on Mac OS 10.9.2.

When viewing video or playing a game in a Windows VM, Mac OS does not detect any screen movement and implements Energy Saver Display Sleep functionality after the timespan set in the Systems Preferences dialog. Can future versions of Parallels take this into account and incorporate Parallels' window video movement detection by the host OS? Otherwise it can be perceived as a limitation bug, where the user must manually prohibit Display Sleep before use and restore it afterwards.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Big hill,

1. Please update your Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac to the latest build as suggested at: http://kb.parallels.com/111603

2. Optimise the power options for Virtual Machine: Go to VM Configure (http://kb.parallels.com/117287) > Options > Optimization > Power. Please set this option to "Longer battery life" and restart your Mac.

3. Change the PowerNap feature setting on Mac : Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu > Click Energy Saver > Click the Battery tab and then uncheck the option "Enable Power Nap while on battery power".

3. big hill

big hill Bit poster

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

As I am using an iMac, there are no battery life features, so your suggestions 2. and 3. are not relevant to my particular case.

I notice the latest build is 9.0.24229, please can you confirm that this build has been re-coded to eliminate the anomaly highlighted in my original post in this thread.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

4. big hill

big hill Bit poster

I can confirm I have updated my installation to the latest Parallels Build 9.0.24229 (Revision 991745; Tuesday, April 1, 2014), running on Mac OS 10.9.3 on an iMac which has no battery nor PowerNap features.

Unfortunately the original problem described in the first post of this thread still exists exactly the same.