Ubuntu VM doesn't show up after moving to Mavericks

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PuriM, Apr 24, 2014.

1. PuriM

PuriM Bit poster

I was using Parallels Desktop 8 on iMac with Mountain Lion. I got new iMac with Mavericks installed on it.
    I used Migration assistant to copy everything from old to new iMac. Most of the applications have been working fine except Parallels Desktop 8.
    When I bring up, It is not showing the virtual machine list. When I picked it from menu of the app, it is showing up. Then I clicked on UBuntu VM. It seems to boot up. It doesn't show on screen though. When I clicked on Apple key that shows all the top level windows, I do see UBuntu window waiting on login screen. When I select it, I see a flicker, but it doesn't show on main nor on 2nd monitor.

I removed Parallaels Desktop.app from apps folder (I sent it to Trash folder). Downloaded latest version from Parallels site. I don't see any difference.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Puri

2. PuriM

PuriM Bit poster

I was able to fix the problem. The window is placed somewhere outside the screen (clipped out). I moved the window to a specific display couple times until I saw part of it show up.
    Then moved the window into display area completely.